Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 opens project but then hangs indefinitely - Help

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running RH 8 - an upgrade from RH 5. Today, when I open an RH 8 project, RH opens loads the starter page and the Project manager pane, and then hangs indefinitely. I can't open any topics, I can't navigate to any menus, pods, nothing. I can see that the folder structure (HTML, Baggage etc) but can't get it to stop hanging.

I noticed that a number of people have had similar issues so I have done the following in an attempt at self-help:

• I have tried opening all my projects in the off chance the problem was caused by one project, but none of them will open and RH hangs on all of them.
  • I deleted the cpd and restarted each project, and got the same problem.
  • I looked at #7 in Peter Grainges RH 8 issues page (BaseCSS_res.dll) and implemented that - same problem still exists.

I am running a Windows XP system with 2 GB of RAM (upgraded to this because I thought it might help the slowness of RH 8 and it has somewhat (though this is an aside)).

The projects are all on my local computer.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I am now at the point that I may try to reinstall and rebuild a project from scratch though as they are very large I would prefer not to.

Thank you in advance,

Tannis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found a workaround for this issue, but if anyone knows why my problem occurred or has a better solution please let me know.

Workaround:

1. Create a new project with a single topic.
  2. From the new project open the RH Starter page.
  3. Select the project that RH hung on.

RH opens the project with no issues.

Cheers,

Tannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does opening / reopening projects then function normally for all your projects?

Thanks for posting the workaround.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good question. I have been afraid to try .

I tried opening a project from the RH starter page, and I recieved a message that Windows chose to close the program due to a Data Protection program - I am getting IT to look at this new charming feature.

I then tried to open another project from the xpj file, and it seems to be working okay now. RH opened the project opened, no problems (knock on wood).

Cheers,

Tannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp