Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder + CFB + CF9 + CFC Generator

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have set up a remote ColdFusion 9 server and a local one. Finally all of that seems to work; i have configured Flash Builder with Cold Fusion Builder plugin to use both of these servers for accessing data sources and generating cfcs. When I select a table from a data source the try to generate a cfc it asks me for the destination.... at this point i have no idea where to even start. I have tried many different paths, but nothing seems to be generated. I am fully able to do all this in Flex Builder 3 where it can just select the package to generate the CFC into. Any ideas what i could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Flash integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 12, 2009 Sep 12, 2009

The destination is simply going to be where you would like it to place the files it will create for you.

You would want to check "Generate Service" if you would like a service facade created.

The Service name will be the name of your Service but note that you do not want to actually use the word service in the name as it will add it itself.

I would also suggest checking "ColdFusion 8 Compatible" for now.

So for example lets say I have a database table called "person".

And I use the service name of Pe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 12, 2009 Sep 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The destination is simply going to be where you would like it to place the files it will create for you.

You would want to check "Generate Service" if you would like a service facade created.

The Service name will be the name of your Service but note that you do not want to actually use the word service in the name as it will add it itself.

I would also suggest checking "ColdFusion 8 Compatible" for now.

So for example lets say I have a database table called "person".

And I use the service name of Person and check the option to generate the service.

I would get the following four files created in the folder I specified in destination.

person.cfc

personDAO.cfc

personGateway.cfc

PersonService.cfc

Personally I like the older Flex 3 generator better.  I also think it's generated code is much cleaner and easier to work with as it is passing pure objects around rather then values.  But everyone has their preferences and I suppose the code as it is makes it easier for those not using Flex to work with.

-Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! It was acctually and issue configuring cold fusion with IIS. I assumed that since it was configured with iis that all of the CFCs would be placed under intepub/wwwroot/ using the '/' default mapping, but as it come out the default location was under coldfusion9/wwwroot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

I am using Virtual box as my server development ,location on my laptop and cannot find the server location to install the cfc generator location for my cfc.

What a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you move your cfc what files do you need to update in FB 4. I think it may be the fml file?

I don't want to have to go through the wizards again in the data sevices window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation