• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue updating from RH 6 to RH8

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated two help systems from RH6 to RH8, and now the links to the help within the application are broken (browser either displays nothing or a 404 error when context-sensitive links are selected, or when attempting to open the project from the help menu within the app).

The help files are linked by the developers within the app. Does the upgrade change any settings that I am not aware of that could cause this behavior?

Any insight would be appreciated. Unfortunately I can't get a developer to look into the probelm until after next week!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of anything being changed that would affect calls to the help. Check the problem occurs with all browsers.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue occurs on Safari and Firefox on Mac, and IE on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the help works correctly in those browsers if opened directly? In other words the problem is only when the application calls it.

The one in the mix that suggests to me that it is the way the developers call the help is IE in Windows. If that were an upgrade issue, I would expect to see lots of posts about the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp