Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Need help with autofill fields

Level 1

Hello,

I am in need of help with a form that has multiple pages.  I have certain fields that I are duplicate throughout my document.  How to I have those fields auto populate throughout the forms/document? For example I'll have fname, lname, addres, phone etc... How do I get those fields to fill in automatically on the other pages of the form?  Is it possible?  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If this is just a fill operation then ensure that the fields have the same name. Then set the binding to global and all fields with the same name will get the same value.

Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

You poplate fields with XML file, WebService or databse. At Data view tab you can create DataConnection and bind form fields to datafields.

If you will use XML bind you can use preview data file, it can be set form file - form properties - preview.

1.JPG

Also check this document.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If this is just a fill operation then ensure that the fields have the same name. Then set the binding to global and all fields with the same name will get the same value.

Paul

Level 1

Thank you so much for your help.

Nuevaabeja

Level 1

Thank you so much for your help. I have tried what you suggested I do

and the fields are populating like I need them to. I may need more help

as I learn more about this program. Thank you.

Nuevaabeja

Level 1

How do you set the binding settings?

Former Community Member

Drag and drop the node in the data view onto the field in the drawing view. If the field does not exist yet then a new field will be created for you. Or you can open th eBinding tab in the Object view and fill out the Defaulr Binding field.

Paul

Level 1

Click on the field you want to bind. Open the Object Palette if you don't alreaddy have it open (click on Window then Object - NOT Object Library).  In the Object tab you should see a Binding tab.  Click binding, rename the field and set the default binding to Global. You are now done with this field,  you will need to do the same with the other fields that will have the same information (All fields that are the same must have the same name and be set to global for the auto fill).  I hope my instructions make sense to you.  Hope this helps.

Nuevaabeja

pic.jpg

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----