• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling HHActiveX.dll from the Registry?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 7.03.001. I have ActiveX features, such as a Glossary, in my projects. I am providing the CHM file and the HHActiveX.dll file to the developer. Everything help-wise works great. The problem is that the developer wants the HHActiveX.dll file to be removed from the registry when the user uninstalls our product, but it does not uninstall.

1. Is the version of HHActiveX.dll that we are using (7.01.001) the current version? (Would that matter?)
  2. If there is a more current version, where can I download it. (I recently updated RH to v7.03, but the DLL is still 7.01, if that matters.)
  3. Is there a process that I can pass on to our developer so that he can remove the file from the registry as part of his uninstall process?

Thanks!

Karla Marsh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Leaving HHActiveX.dll behind shouldn't be an issue. Sure, I understand that your developer wants to do a good job in cleaning up after him/her self, but how can you be absolutely certain you aren't clobbering the help for a different product that uses RoboHelp?

There is nothing special about this file that your developer should need to know to remove it. It is registered like you register other DLLs. So whatever has to happen with those happens with this one.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did ask what if other apps are using it, but He assured me that he only wanted to uninstall the one that he installed. I would think that an app would normally look for that file and then if it's already installed, wouldn't install another copy in another location--but maybe they. I'm not a developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp