Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing Problem

Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project was originally done in Captivate 2, I upgraded to Captivate 4, and continued on with very few issues.

There are 60 slides in project. I can Preview the project but I can't publish to Flash.

The Publish dialogue box comes up, all settings are correct but nothing happens.
If I select "publish to a folder", Captivate will ask to create the folder, write it, but the publish function simply stops.

The source bar shows that it saves the file but then it just shows the project path and the Publishing dialoguee box just stays on screen.

I have no idea what the problem is, and certainly hope someone out there might have a solution.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps consider turning off compression and see if that makes a difference?

Press Shift+F8 to display the Preferences dialog. Click the Project node and the SWF Size and Quality node.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Also try this out... copy all the slides from the project and paste it in a newly created project.

This usually cleans up the CP project file structure.

--

Manoj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the timely reply. The correct answer was indeed to copy the slides to a new project, and publish from there.

A crazy bug in Captivate for sure.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - I appreciate the advice.  I ran into the same thing and was leaning towards doing a copy / paste all into a blank project right before finding this thread on the forum.  This was a help and confirmed my suspicion.

Are there any patches or updates for this bug?  I'm running v 4.0.0 build 1596.  There appear to be 2 updates out there that I haven't installed yet.  Would either of these address this issue?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources