• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update/Edit a database through cfajaxproxy

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all.  I have been trying to get this to work for two days and am stuck.  I want to be able to edit a database through a cfajaxproxy function.  Here is what I have:

<cfajaxproxy cfc="#application.cfcRoot#schedulerFunctions" jsclassname="schedulerProxy">
        <script>
            var schedulerProxy = new schedulerProxy();

schedulerProxy.setCallbackHandler( successHandler );
            schedulerProxy.setErrorHandler( failHandler );

function updateGame( gameID, divID )
            {

// grab these two values from two selection elements on the page
                var homeTeam = document.getElementById( "select1" );
                var visitorTeam = document.getElementById( "select2" );
                gameProxy.updateGameMini( gameID, homeTeam.value, visitorTeam.value );
            }

function successHandler( result )
            {
                alert( result );
            }

function failHandler( statusCode, statusMsg )
            {
                alert( "failure" );
                alert(statusCode+': '+statusMsg);
            }           
        </script>

And I have the aforementioned cfc with this.  In it, I want to update the games field with the two values.  So the meat of the function is:

<cffunction name="updateGameMini" access="remote" returntype="query" output="false">
        <cfargument name="ID" type="string" requried="yes" hint="Game ID">
        <cfargument name="homeTeam" type="string" required="yes" hint="Home team unique ID">
        <cfargument name="visitorTeam" type="string" required="yes" hint="Visitor team unique ID">

<cfquery name="myUpdateGame" datasource="#application.datasource#" username="#application.dbUser#" password="#application.dbPass#">
            UPDATE games
            SET home=<cfif arguments.homeTeam EQ "">NULL<Cfelse><cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" value="#arguments.homeTeam#"></cfif>,
            visitor=<cfif arguments.visitorTeam EQ "">NULL<Cfelse><cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" value="#arguments.visitorTeam#"></cfif>
            WHERE gameID=<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" value="#arguments.ID#">
        </cfquery>

<cfreturn myUpdateGame>

</cffunction>

But I keep getting "500: Internal Server Error".  Why?  Is this possible to run an UPDATE database call through a cfajaxproxy cfc function?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you successfully tested this cfc by calling it without using ajax?  If not, do so.  If you get the same error, the problem will be with your cfc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the tests I ran was to use a QUERY sql call instead of the listed UPDATE one, and it ran fine.  So I don't think the problem is with the cfc.  Truth be told, I lifted that code directly from another bit of code that has existed in the codebase for a while.  But that cfc function was a "public" one, not "remote", and I didn't want to change code that wasn't mine and risk breaking something else.  So I copied it over and just changed the access.

Does this mean there should not be any problem, hypothetically, with updating a database through such a mechanism?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use ajax because I'm still on cf7 but I don't see why what you are attempting would be impossible.  Unfortunately the error message you are getting is not very helpful.

You have to find out what is causing the problem.   I suggest starting by copying the update query to a cfm file, putting hard values in place of the variables,  and running it.  If that works, move it to a local function and run it again, still with the hard values.  If that works, start sending it arguments, one at a time.  Eventually you will find the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct object is schedulerProxy, not gameProxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2009 Aug 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the problem.  You were right, there was a mistake in the cfc, but I wasn't able to see it until I remove it from AJAX.  Apparently, I copied the original code a little too closely, and was repeating function and query names.  Works well, thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation