• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH5-->RH8 conversion breaks drop-down text in .chm...sometimes

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're moving our help systems from 5 to 8.  The conversions proper have been going without incident, but I've discovered that in some cases, all of the drop-down text we have in a topic throws a javascript error--expecting object.  In other topics, everything works fine.  When I look at the html, the href and such all appear to be identical in the working and the nonworking topics, which leads me to believe (although I don't know how to check it) that the reference to the object containing the missing text is AWOL in the broken ones for some reason.

Has anyone else run into this or similar (pop ups, expanding text) issues?  Thanks.

ETA: compiling the same project in Webhelp or AIR does not cause this issue.  Also, deleting and recreating the dropdown text does not fix.  The same ID is reassigned.

ETA: Creating a new drop down or expanded text hotspot in a topic with broken ones yields more broken ones.  Creating a new hotspot of either sort in a topic that's working yields more working ones. Message was edited by: JeffHowe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML excerpts.

This one doesn't work:

<p class="TopicText">The system displays the <a class="dropspot" href="javascript:TextPopup(this)" id="a10">screen</a>.</p>
  <div class="droptext" id="POPUP416841766" style="display: none;">
   <p>testeroni</p>
  </div>

<?rh-script_start ?><script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.2">//<![CDATA[
if( typeof( TextPopupInit ) != 'function' ) TextPopupInit = new Function();
TextPopupInit('a10', 'POPUP416841766');

This one does:

<p class="TopicText">Click Process to <a class="dropspot" href="javascript:TextPopup(this)" id="a104">proceed</a>.</p>
  <div class="droptext" id="POPUP309916511" style="display: none;">
   <p>test</p>
  </div>

<?rh-script_start ?><script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.2">//<![CDATA[
if( typeof( TextPopupInit ) != 'function' ) TextPopupInit = new Function();
TextPopupInit('a104', 'POPUP309916511');

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I move this to the RH HTML forum, since it's as much a conversion issue as a output issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved the thread for you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

One more bit of data: importing a topic yields the same results--if the conversion would have broken it, importing does too.  If conversion would have been successful, importing is successful as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should report this as a bug. Sorry but I don't have a solution.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does have that feel to it.  Consider it reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp