Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 8 and Windows 7

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Over the weekend I installed Windows 7 (on a clean new drive).  I then installed Dreamweaver 8.

Everytime I tried to create a new Site or Import an old site Dreamweaver would crash.

I upgraded from version 8 to 8.0.2 but this made no difference.  I don't think there is any need to run the CS3 clean script as this is a new/fresh install of DW8 on a new/fresh OS.

Can anyone advise, please?

Thanks,

Killian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Dreamweaver 8 was released three years ago, so it's perhaps not surprising there are problems on an operating system that still hasn't been officially released. Does Windows 7 have a compatibility mode? Try running it in XP compatibility mode, as that is the version that was current when DW8 was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver 8 was released three years ago, so it's perhaps not surprising there are problems on an operating system that still hasn't been officially released. Does Windows 7 have a compatibility mode? Try running it in XP compatibility mode, as that is the version that was current when DW8 was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I ran DW in XP SP2 compatibility mode and it's working fine so far.

The strange thing is that I have been running it on Vista for some time now with out any problems.  I thought that if it works under Vista it should work under 7.  Not the case.

Looks like I should bite the bullet and upgrade to CS4.

Thanks for your help,

Killian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't jump to it.  I'm running DW CS4 on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM and it's running horribly.  Every 10 seconds or so the CPU on my dual-core gets pinned at 50% with dreamweaver.exe chewing up the entire 50% (or 1 full core of my cpu) for a good 20 seconds or so before it releases it again.  As such, while I'm working now I'm constantly waiting for the CPU to be released so I can take my next step.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install Dreamweaver 8 on Windows 7?

Because I can't install it on my Windows 7 ....

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/480071

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2010 Feb 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this help? (not sure)

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-software/17031-dreamweaver-8-0-2-windows-7-a.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines