• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Closed Captioning to Single Text Caption (Version 4)

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a CBT that has a number of audio files that now require Closed Captioning. However, rather than having the "blanket" audio file for the entire slide, each text caption on each slide has its own audio file.

Is it possible to add closed captioning to a single text caption audio file? I know it is possible for a "blanket" audio file, but I need to do it for single text captions. If not, does anyone know of a work around to this issue?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

No unfortunately it isn't. In order to use CC text is has to be added to the Slide rather than an individual object. The only workaround I can think of would be add audio files containing silence to each of your slides, this should then enable you to add the CC text.

If you feel that you should be able to use CC's with objects such as Captions then please file an enhancement request using the web address I have included below.

<a href="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=5"><strong>Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form</strong></a>

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the great tip! I was able to make that work. Now, my question is how to make the closed captions appear when the project is playing. I have the "Closed Caption" check box selected on the Playbar settings window and the captions are setup-they do not appear in preview or publish mode.

This is the first time I have ever used CC so I could just be lost, but would appreciate any and all help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is the first time I have ever used CC so I could just be lost, but would appreciate any and all help

So you may not realize that the CC doesn't simply appear on its own during playback. You (or more accurately, your user) must first click the CC button to make the CC area appear.

Or, with Captivate 4, you can use an advanced action to open the CC area automagickally.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is obvious this is my first time using the feature

Now, how do you open the CC automatically and is there a way to make it appear below the playback bar and not overtop the actual video player screen?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources