• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from an older version of Robohelp.

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just sat on the telephone for over an hour with no response!  The company I work for own an older version of Robohelp Office - Versions 9.0/9.2 and 2002, we have all the serial numbers, licence numbers etc, and we would like to know whether we can just purchase the upgrade to the new robohelp or whether we have to purchase the full licence.  Any help would be great!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KerriLou and welcome to the RH community.

That version is nearly ten years old. You won't get an upgrade with it. You'll have to buy a new licence.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the response.  Having read through some of the other forum posts, they say that the upgrade is from any version, so I am assuming this is not correct?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be rather surprised if it was right. The product upgrade page says only version X5, 6 and 7 can be upgraded. Click here to see it.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nonetheless it is contrary to some information I was given a while back. I am checking it out now but I doubt I will hear today. Meantime, hold on to your money.

As I typed that, something rang a bell. The CD will only accept upgrade numbers from X5 or better. However, Customer Support are supposed to be able to supply you with a serial number for that purpose. I'll get that confirmed too.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The policy is now that X5, RH6 and RH7 qualify for the upgrade price but earlier versions do not.

Email me via my site and I can explain your options.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp