Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to C4, removed C3 - now can't open old C3 files with C4

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using demo version of C4 and upgraded today.

My system automatically opened C4 files with C3 first of all so decided to remove C3 from my sytem.

Now i can't open any of my old C3 files in C4.  what heppens is C4 says it needs to reformat the project so it can be used in C4 as expected.  The system goes away and does it stuff but no differnt file is produced. I try to open the original C3 file and have to go round same loop again with no success.

Please Help as i can't do any work until i can open files.

Thank you, Ellen

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Hi,

Ideally it should have worked even when CP3 was uninstalled.

You can do any of the following:-

1) Create a new project in CP4 and go to File->Import->Slides and Objects and select the cp3 project file.

2)  But now that you are installing cp3 again... open the old project in cp3 and copy all the slides. create a new project in cp4 and paste.

Cheers!!

Manoj

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update...

After spending over an hour on the phone to Adobe support the answer apparntly is that i should not have taken Captivate 3 off my machine.

As far as i am aware this was not mentioned in any of the downlaod or installation instructions.

I then realise i am not the original person who ordered Captivate 3 so cannot re download it from my adobe account.  I asked how am i now supposed to re-download Captivate 3.  The answer was to find the original person who had downloaded it and bought it from the adobe shop, get there log in details and re-download it!!  Luckily that person is still working in the same building today - but if not then i could not have downloaded Captivate 3 and been left not being able to access any of my files.

I am now waiting for C3 to download to see if I can install it and it is the solution to the issue.  Very fustrating afternoon that could have been avoided if only the information had been available (if it is then it is own fault but at moment not happy with wasting half a days work on this)

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ideally it should have worked even when CP3 was uninstalled.

You can do any of the following:-

1) Create a new project in CP4 and go to File->Import->Slides and Objects and select the cp3 project file.

2)  But now that you are installing cp3 again... open the old project in cp3 and copy all the slides. create a new project in cp4 and paste.

Cheers!!

Manoj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help,

After re-installing C3 most of the projects will now open in C4 ok. A couple won't so have imported the files as you suggested and has worked well.  Only thing is libary seesm to be missing so have had to import it which means won't update etc or delete old files but thats not to much of a pain - main things is files still working!!

Best Wishes, Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure? cause i still cant make it work. Well elt me see where I am growing wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Julie

The post you replied to was apparently spam. I've deleted the post and reported the person that posted it.

If you are still seeing issues, please report this to Adobe as a possible bug. (Link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources