• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted bookmarks on importing Word doc

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RH HTML. When I import a word doc that I haven't written, I sometimes find, after import, that some Word headings have been created in RH as bookmarks within a topic, rather than as separate html files. The TOC has been created correctly but these spurious topics link to bookmarks rather than to single html files.

• I have mapped to Word headings using the import wizard's Split on Style page.
  • There are no user-inserted bookmarks in the docuemtn.
  • I have observed this in RH v5, 6, and 7

My workaround is to cut the offending sections from the Word doc, paste into Notepad, then re-insert this unformatted text back in the Word doc. Apply the necessary styles, then import to RH. This solves the problem, but it is time-consuming and I wondered whether anyone recognised the problem and had an easier solution.

Regards,

mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a macro on my site that strips ALL bookmarks from a document so backup the document first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp