Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF printing error

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to print an HTML project to PDF, I am encountering the following error message:

"Internal error encountered. Failed to generate Printed Documentation."

There is no other details given, either in the error message or in the Output View screen, other than, after "Generating 'project.pdf', it goes to 'Failed the generate PDF file 'C:/blah/blah/project.pdf'..., then "Failed to save 'project.pdf'....

This worked several months ago, and I have no clue what's happened in the meantime. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this process to fail now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of RH?

What happens if you turn off PDF and generate a Word document instead?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7.

How do I turn off the PDF option?

I'm only aware/familiar with importing from a Word document. I haven't seen a Word option..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the first page of the wizard where you start to create the printed documentation.

11-08-2009 20-51-58.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you see this?

My File Menu has a "Print PDF" option. My toolbar has an icon with the same option as well. Selecting either immediately launches the Generating Printed Documentation window, with no other screens or pop-ups.

I don't have any other print options. The File | Print option is greyed out - I don't recall ever using it, or ever seeing that wizard screen.

As stated, this setup has worked since installing RH7 until today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to go to Single Source Layouts. If you cannot see it, try View > Pods > Single Source Layouts.

The way you are doing it gives you no control over the process and is no doubt behind the problem.

To learn more about the wizard, see the Printed Documentation article on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp