• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you publish Adobe Presenter output as a single .swf file?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have the complete presenter output as a single swf file.  This is so I can insert this .swf file into a program called Wimba Create (which accepts .swf files) and then generate leaning modules to put on Blackboard.

When I publish it to my computer, it creates a folder containing many .swf files so this does not work.

Wimba is not able to accept the animated pdfs that could be generated.

Help would be great!.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

The documentation in Presenter is a little misleading in that it does in fact create a swf file called "viewer.swf" and "viewer-lite.swf" and you can in fact load those swf files independently on a web page, but what it doesn't tell you is that those two swf files pull data from the rest of the normal Presenter output into them to render the content.  So yes they are swf files, but no they are not a flat swf file that contains all the content, it's merely a container that the data loads into.  I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is no, you cannot publish Presenter files to one flat swf file.  But what you can do is publish the file as a pdf which will then be a flat file.  You will be restricting your end users to using Acrobat Reader 9, but it works. 

Is there a particular reason why you're looking for a swf file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it needs to be swf.

Wimba Create (our institution's choice for online learning which used to be called CourseGenie) generates Learning Module web pages.  It accepts swf files that the students can interact with while viewing the web pages.

When publishing a Power Point using Presenter 7.0.2, it says, and I quote:

"Create a Flash presentation (SWF) that can be used independently or included in a web page."

This misleads me into thinking there is "a" swf file available to use.

I have published into pdf form and it looks great, however, right now, Wimba Create does not support those animated pdf files embedded in it.

Wimba Create is an add-in for Microsoft Word that takes a Word document and divides it into a series of web pages with table of contents and navigation icons.

Is there a way to convert that pdf into a swf, using Captivate maybe?

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation in Presenter is a little misleading in that it does in fact create a swf file called "viewer.swf" and "viewer-lite.swf" and you can in fact load those swf files independently on a web page, but what it doesn't tell you is that those two swf files pull data from the rest of the normal Presenter output into them to render the content.  So yes they are swf files, but no they are not a flat swf file that contains all the content, it's merely a container that the data loads into.  I hope that makes sense.

What you could try doing is using one of the open source (free) solutions that convert pdf documents into swf files. 

http://pdfmenot.com/  is a good web based one to try.  Here is a tutorial on how to use it, http://www.labnol.org/internet/tools/convert-pdf-flash-pdfmenote-online-pdf-to-swf-converter/2280/

You could also try http://www.swftools.org. This is a more involved method and uses command line entries, so it's a little daunting, but here is a short step by step, http://www.ehow.com/how_4844986_convert-pdf-swf.html

Another option would be http://pdfzilla.com/.  This is not free but seems to be a much easier solution.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I appreciate the advice, I will try these suggestions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources