Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduce Size of Presenter Presentation as PDF

Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a group of 4-8 graders in a summer camp program to produce a broadcast news style camp newsletter. We started using Presenter with a Webcam, which was awfully limiting. From there to a digital video camera. A 22 minute "broadcast" yields an 88MB PDF file which we post on the camp Website. Nothing like a disincentive to parents to download it!!

The clips from the camera are MPG which Presenter appears not to support, so we take them in to Premier Elements, edit a bit, and export as AVI files. The clips take *forever* to import into Presenter. The finished "broadcast" is then published as a PDF file.

• Would publishing as a Flash presentation be better?
  • Is Presenter the best approach here at all?

TIA!!

Lauren

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I think you hit the nail on the head, and doing the entire project in Presenter is probably not the best thing. 

What you could do is create a webpage that consists has many parts, some Presenter, some and Flash video.  Presenter is good at incorporating video elements (albeit at its own pace) but the published pdf files will be larger ones like you are experiencing.  If you don't have to have a file that parents can actually download, and can instead publish to the regular Presenter output of Flash/HTML, then I think things will work a little better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources