Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp & Field Level Context Sensitive Help

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I am new to this forum so apologies in advance if there is an existing discussion on this that I have not found in my search.

I am using RoboHelp 8 to generate WebHelp output. I would now like to start generating context-sensitive help and I was interested in possibly generating field-level help but from what I have read, you cannot do this with WebHelp output, is this correct? I would appreciate your feedback.

Furthermore, I am new to whole context-sensitive help area. Are there any resources which would give me an introduction to generating such help using RoboHelp (aside from RoboHelp's own Help that is!).

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

tandora

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tandora and welcome to the RH community.

You may want to start by reading Peter Grainge's article on calling webhelp which outlines the options. As far as field level help you can accommodate this by having a topic with bookmarks for each field. The call to the help would just need to link to the bookmark as well as the topic.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Message was edited by: Peter Grainge To correct hyperlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help Colum. Those links are just what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp