• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems recording Adobe Acrobat 9 with Captivate 4

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to put together an elearning lesson on Adobe Acrobat 9, using Captivate 4. I can record the screens just fine, but Captivate does not create ANY highlight boxes or click boxes. Just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, or had my recording settings all wrong, I tested recording in Outlook, and everything worked just fine. I've tried this from two different PCs, same result both places.

I'm amazed that I'm having this problem between two Adobe applications, but there it is. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hugely disappointed when I began today a large course on Adobe Acrobat 9 to find that this issue still exists. I started a discussion on this issue with Acrobat 8 and Captivate 3 in Oct 23, 2007 on this forum. I was directed to report this as a bug, which I did. Obviously it wasn't fixed in Captivate 4.

I too find it really odd that you can't use Adobe Captivate to capture Adobe Acrobat. I guess I'll have to use TechSmith's Camtasia for this project.

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer

If you really need to use Captivate, you could establish a remote desktop connection and capture Acrobat that way.

If you have deemed Camtasia is a better approach, that's fine too. If you don't own a copy (I have both Camtasia and Captivate and see them as complementary as oppose to mutually exclusive) you might check out Jing. Jing may be used at no charge.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I capture Acrobat screens via a remote system, I can capture all of the click boxes and captions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Well, that's the rub. Likely you will have to add those elements later if you capture that way, as Captivate likely won't sense the controls it needs for automatic captions. I would, however, think that if you recorded in Simulation mode, clicks would be recorded and Click Boxes inserted, as you would be clicking on your local machine. But only testing will confirm or deny that.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I guess I'm back to the starting point. Either capture in Camtasia (which I do own) and have a slightly different look for caption boxes, and other things, or do a lot of extra work in Captivate. I'm not having a lot of trouble capturing the Acrobat movies with Captivate, it's just that I hate manually adding all the elements that are captured automatically in other applications.

I suppose it means that Acrobat uses such a non-standard UI that it is incompatible even with its own products. I wonder what tool was used to create all the Acrobat training movies that Adobe has on it's various sites?

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

For what it's worth, Captivate seems to have issues with recording some of its own screens!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources