Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E-Learning Suite and Installing on Windows 7

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to evaluate the benefits of working in Windows 7 64-bit compared to using XP 64-bit, and upto now, it keeps coming up with an error telling me it needs windows XP 64-bit with SP2 and similar for Vista 64-bit.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way of installing ELS on 64-bit Windows 7. I had seen some method of installing I-Tunes on 64-bit XP that used a tool to change one of the files to fox the installation routine, but I am at a loss. 

Before anyone mentions the fact Windows 7 is a beta version etc, we are looking at this as an long-term evaluation for the delivery of content and development platform, therefore it is important we get this right at this stage.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer you WRT Windows 7 beta. But you definitely should consider reporting it as an issue using the Bug Report. Just so Adobe has it logged and will begin to see that users are migrating toward that platform.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2009 Aug 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed CP4 on a 32-bit Windows 7-system and that works all right. But many people on this forum reported problems with 64-bit Vista, so I'm also afraid this will be a problem with 64-bit Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have it installed on Vista 64-bit and have had it installed on even XP 64-bit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it installed in a Windows 7 64 bit and don´t see any problem (until now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows 7 64-Bit are you using.

We have Build 7100.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Build 7100 here too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there anything specific you did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing too much specific.

The installation was  really smooth, I don´t have any problem with it. The software is responding to all my demands, until now.

I´m using the Captivate to create interactive courses of software use, so I´m doing a lot of recording, using little bits of Flash and great chunks of Photoshop to the edition and creation of my lessons. Sometimes, with these softwares all opened at the same time (what put my CPU to scream against me!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources