• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to have one published course for several languages using variables and importing translated XML content?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I’m creating an elearning course in several languages and am trying to avoid publishing a separate version of the course for each language (using export/import text caption or XML content functionality).  As such, I have the following questions: 

Is it possible to have only one published version of a course for several languages using imported XML content for each language? I’m trying to find out if there is a way to create a language variable that, once selected by the user, pulls in XML content in the desired language for the remainder of the course. 

Also, is it possible to include translated graphics in a similar manner?

Any insights are very much appreciated!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but that is not possible in Captivate. You wouldn't be able to import the XML data like that.

It's the hard way of creating separate courses in each language.

Alternatively you could create (or hire a Flash programmer) an "XML widget" that would allow you to load in content from your XML file and place it on the Captivate slides based on a user defined language. However, I think this would be a pretty complicated issue and would probably end up rather expensive.

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources