• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't activate mobile device

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, can somebody help please????!!!!!

I have just installed Adobe Digital Editions on my PC and have Adobe Reader 2.0 on my HP ipaq Pocket PC. I need to activate the pocket PC so I can read ebooks and the instructions on it tell me: "In Adobe Reader choose file>Digital Editions>Authorize Devices". However, when Digital Editions opens I can only find "Authorize Computer".  Can someone point me in the right direction so I can activate my Pocket PC?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to Adobe DRM mess...

I've been facing this same problem for quite some time now. To answer your question - Adobe Reader for Pocket PC 2.0 is only compatible with Adobe Reader 7 (the good old days when you could read your DRM protected books in the same reader as your other PDF files, before Adobe came up with the notorious, hated Digital Editions), it's not supported by Adobe Digital Editions. The commands that you are referring to can only be found in Reader 7. However, if you think that you'll resolve your problem by installing Adobe Reader 7 - you're wrong. You still wont be able to activate your Pocket PC since Adobe does not support Pocket PC activation for more than two years now (to the best of my knowledge, tried from several different devices with no success, also tried to find reply through number of searches). Now, I'm not that big of an expert on the subject matter, and might be dead wrong. I certainly hope someone else will come up with a more positive response and help both of us!

In the meantime, you might want to look at this discussion, just to give you a better idea of all the things we lost with Digital Editions (apart from Pocket PC support). http://forums.adobe.com/message/1231660#1231660 The last post in the thread also contains an alternative to Adobe Reader, you might want to give it a shot - I still didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines