• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me if RoboHelp 7 will work with Windows 7?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It will be interesting to see. I'm unaware of anyone that has tried it. Well, maybe (hopefully) Adobe has.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't hold my breath on that - they'd be more concerned that RH8 works with Win7 (since that's their current version, right?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on a limited test, RH8 works OK on Windows 7. I will test RH7 on it when I can. My gut feel is RH7 will work OK too.

However, if you do hit problems, don't bother phoning Support as both are currently unsupported, obviously.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got it installed and it seems to work fine. I can't, however, pin RoboHelp to the task bar. This is such a great feature in 7 and I can't use it with this application which is dissapointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For those of us that don't have Windows 7, can you expound on what is exactly meant by "Pinning to the taskbar"?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The taskbar in Windows 7 has been greatly improved. When you pin an item to the task bar it is equal to pinning the item to the shortcuts launch bar that was in XP or VISTA. There is a lot of added functionality though. Take a look at the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/better-stronger-faster-the-windows-7-taskbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a side note, I also use Captivate and it uses the task bar like all other applications do. RoboHelp is the only application that does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2010 Feb 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I realize this is an old thread, but today I stumbled across some information that may be relevant. Purportedly the steps allow pinning even uncooperative applications to the taskbar in Windows 7.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your answers they have been very informative and helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got the pin to taskbar to work in Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  recently upgraded from to Windows 7 (from Vista) on a 64-bit machine. I use RoboHelp 7 and it works for me and so does Captivate 3.

I do not like the "pinning to the taskbar" feature, but I did find a way to get the Quick Launch menu back and working like it does in XP/Vista. Search for the How-To Geek online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really behind the times. I'm using Robohelp 6 with Word 2003. I generate .CHM help files, but they're not web-based. They're all viewed by F1 clicks and have Map IDs assigned to the topics. My questions are:

1. Will I need to upgrade to RH 8 to continue authoring help files for Windows 7? In other words, will RH 6 work under Windows 7?
  2. Will I need to upgrade to Word 2007 in order to use RH 8?
  3. Will my RH 6 project import properly into RH 8 or will I need to upgrade to RH 7, then to RH 8?
  4. And finally, will my RH 6 projects display properly in Windows 7?

I'm rather technologically challenged so please be kind

BarbLK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I doubt it. I'm not on Windows 7 but you should be fine with RH6.
  2. No. You can still use Word 2003 with RH8.
  3. You can ugrade a project from RH6 straight to RH8 but there is no going back so make sure you have a copy.
  4. Can't say because I haven't tried. You'd have to test your project yourself to be 100% sure.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow me @robocolumn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, Colum. I really appreciate it!

BarbLK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp