Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Back" functionality in playback control

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've published my output in Captivate 3. A strange occurrence: sometimes, when I click "back" in succession in the playback control, the previous slides are displayed and sometimes the movie gets stuck on a certain slide and is unable to go backwards.

Any explanation for this?

Thanks, DGR

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The "Back " functionality will not work if the slide is a question slide and you have unchecked "Allow backward" movement from Quiz preferences.

Make sure you enable them.

This is how it is done:-

1. Follow Edit > Preferences > Quiz> Settings tab. check the option "Allow backward movement" - This should now enable backward movement.

-Ashwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashwin,

Thanks for your quick reply but my slide is not a quiz slide. It's just a "regular" one. Perhaps you have another idea?

Thanks,

DGR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Just thinking about this from a logical standpoint.

You have a playhead that is in motion moving from frame to frame. Along the way it may be stopped at various places awaiting some interaction or it may suddenly be moved to a different position. So repeated (and possibly fast) clicks on the back button might possibly confuse the issue. For example, if the playhead reached a point where it was suddenly supposed to skip to a different slide and you happened to click Back to move it to the skip ahead point. I could see that causing confusion.

All this is pure speculation. But I'm wondering if it's having a play in the scenario you are listing.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick, for your advice. This may well be it.

Best,

DGR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources