Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing an image from word

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody..

I'm trying to make a webhelp based on an old documentation made in Word.

This file (.docx) have some images already imported, but i cant make the images to be show in robohelp when i import the word file.

there is a way to do this? or i need to import every image to robohelo one by one?

thanks for everything, Sabin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this in a post a while back.

"I recently ran into the problem importing Word 2003 docs into an earlier version of RoboHelp. What I found was that the  pictures that disappeared were formatted differently than the ones that appeared. To see this formatting, open the Word doc, right-click the picture and select Format Picture. A tabbed property sheet appears. Click the Layout tab. If the picture is not set as Wrapping Style: In line with text, it will not be dealt with properly when imported into RoboHelp. My solution was to go through the Word docs I wanted to import and change each picture to In line with text."

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i've been trying everything on the properties of the image but it doesn't work so far...

The strange thing is that i can copy the image from the document and paste it on another  .doc and it gets imported fine.. :S

Maybe is some kind of property of the document... any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well the answer is YES, Robohelp import everything (including the images) from the word document.

I think the problem is something about the word document properties because you can copy all the text and images from the document and paste it on a new word document, and this new .docx it gets imported just fine.

I have to keep working on this matter, if i get some answers about the reason of this problem i´ll let you know!

Thanks for everything..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slarranga

In this thread you indicate that you are working on the matter, so we assume you will come back with any specific questions. You have also tagged onto someone else's thread and created another post of your own.

That makes it difficult to know how you are getting on and whether you are still in need of help.

Please limit one issue to one thread. For now I am not responding to any thread because I don't know where you have got to. I can delete the other posts if you want to clarify things here.

We want to help but please don't make it hard work.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i didn't mean to cause confution with the other thread..

I didn't use this thread because i thought that the original question was already answered and i have another doubt.

Please do what you thing is best for the forum, my idea is not to create confusion.

Do you recomend to keep all the discussion on this thread? or in the last one that i opened yesterday?

Slarranaga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted your other two posts so if you now update this one, we'll see if we can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have exactly similar problem with this. I already set image wrapping to "in line with text" on Words, but it appears to be random, when I created simple small word document the image comes up, but with my larger document it all disappears.

Appreciate your help, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i couldn´t figure out the problem.. i think it is probably some kind of property of the document.

I  selected all the content off the document and paste it on a new Word Document and it worked just fine.. try that..

Sabin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be emerging as the solution to this problem. If it doesn't work first time, try again making sure you avoid the last paragraph sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Peter and Slarra, copying into new document before importing solves the problem! Great stuff guys, maybe this should be put into the user manual (if not a bug ticket)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So report the bug. The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp