• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command Line Output Directory

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate my help files through the commanline utitlity via a bat file.

Here is my bat file...

rem Generates the System output files
:START

"c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\RHCL.exe" "c:\Projects\myProj\1.0.0\Development\HelpFiles\MyHelp.xpj" -o

"c:\userName\Desktop\RoboHelpOutput" -g "c:\userName\Desktop\RoboHelpOutput\log.txt"

:END

When I run this, it successfully generates the output files, but it does not generate it in the "c:\userName\Desktop\RoboHelpOutput" directory. Instead, it uses the directory I pointed it at when I generate the output through the RoboHelp UI. I need to figure out why this is ignoring the -o Destination tag in order to be able to work locally and have the help files generated with our automated builds.

Please Help!!!!

Thanks in advance!

hmaprk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - we are having the same issue. Regardless of what we specify as the output folder, the help file always generates the output on the drive we previously specified in the SSL file.

SSL:

<element name="DestinationProjectName" value="X:\doc_4x\html\apps\output\pr\flexi\fpr32.chm" />

We tried to eleminate the X: to see where the file will generate to. This is the path that showed up on the first wizard screen when I went to generate in RH a few minutes later:

X:\doc_4x\html\apps\projects\pr\doc_4x\html\apps\projects\pr\doc_4x\html\apps\output\pr\flexi\fpr32.chm

Any help in resolving our command line build issue is greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been fixed in RH 8.0.1.

I tried it today and it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anybody gotten this working with the 8.0.2 patch?   It looks like it has regressed and doesn't work anymore.   I had it working in 8.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp