• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MX8 CFHTTP Bug

Advocate ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I found a bug with the CFHTTP tag in CF8. I have a CFHTTP post call being made within a loop through a list of URL's (multiple servers). I exit out of the loop upon a successful CFHTTP.StatusCode indicator (200 or 202 status codes). This logic has been working this way for years in CF5, 7 & 8.

Just the other day we upgraded our SSL certificate on one of the CF5 servers this CF8 page is communicating to via this CFHTTP loop logic. The new SSL cert is not recognized by our JRE and the POST to this server results in the following error: HTTP ERROR: Connection Failure. Status code unavailable.

I already know why the SSL cert is unrecognized and I'll be correcting that BUT the loop logic found a side effect I believe to be a bug. In looping through to the next URL, the formfields in the POST are double posted. By "double post," I mean if I indended to post USERNAME=Joe123, the second action page in the url list receives USERNAME=Joe123,Joe123 -- this is for all the form fields.

I have not determined if this is always the case and have just not noticed or if this is specifically related to the SSL failure. Below is a snippet of my code. This snippet has been simplified for this example so there might be a typo, but hopefully it will convey the issue:
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2009 Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you know, the double post is usually caused by a form that contains two or more fields that share the same name. Have you ruled out that possibility, for example, using the following test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2009 Mar 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used your code with 3 URLs and cfparams for the attributes, but failed to reproduce the problem. But then again there are differences that might be significant. I'm doing everything locally on my PC, using http, and the value of my useragent is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 22, 2009 Mar 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The only way I can reproduce the problem is post to a server using a SSL cert that CF (Java) does not recognize (maybe a self issued cert) and then immediately post to a server where the SSL cert is recognized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation