• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playing sound files more than once on a slide

Aug 16, 2009 Aug 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I have set up a sound file to play on the click of a button but can't seem to get captivate to allow the user to play the sound file again if they click on the button again.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What does the button actually do when it has been clicked? There are two ways to play sound from a button click.

1. Enable the Success caption and assign the audio to the caption
  2. Have the button jump to a slide and play the sound on the slide it jumped to

I'm guessing you used option 1. If you did that the audio would only play once, as the success caption would only play once. I'm thinking if you configure the Button to jump to the previous slide (one that is timed very brief, perhaps .1 seconds) the slide with the Button would then reset and the Caption would play again.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick, it does indeed.  We are looking to do "flash card" style slides for learning a second language and so the ability to be able to click on the sound to listen to the word more than once is important.  I will try the work around you suggested... thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources