• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 7: Can you Import a single WAV with Markers over multiple slides?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Presenter 7.0.1.

The import audio allows you to import a WAV format file.  You should be able to use Markers in the WAV file and the Import will split the single WAV file at those markers to fit with the individual slides.

That was certainly the case in earlier versions according to some of the Forum posts, and the dialog box for Audio Import hints that it can be done because it says:

1. "Select the starting slide for the import..."
  2. Ignore Markers? (check box)

So the title, select the starting slide suggests that the import can be over more than one slide, and the Ignore Markers check box suggests that markers might be used somehow.

But it doesn't!  This would be great if it did.  Has anyone got this working?

What I have to do now is split the audio file up into individual files, one for each slide, and name them 01, 02, 03 and so on.  Then the import can be pointed to all the files and it puts one file on each slide for you.

Any help getting this working gratefully received.

Colin Davis

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

I think Flash Cue points is not same as the markers we are looking for . To add a marker , open the audio file in Audition and right click on the waveform where you want to add marker . There is an option there which says  Add to marker list and it will add a marker there . Now save this wav file and import it .It is working for me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2009 Aug 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried it with Presenter 7.0.2 and it works . Ensure that Ignore markers is unchecked before you browse for wav file having markers . Also ensure that  your wav file have markers in it so that it can be split while it is getting imported .

I think your wav file does not have marker and you want to split it across slides . If that is the case , you can do that by importing it on first slide where you want audio should start playing from and then adjust the slide markers in Edit Audio window

-Thanks

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2009 Aug 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to 7.0.2 but the result is the same, the audio is imported all onto a single slide.

Can I ask what audio application you are using to save the WAV file?  I am using Adobe Soundbooth and in that the markers are called "Flash Cue Points" (the menu is Edit, Marker, Flash Cue Point).  I am wondering if these are traditional WAV markers or something different.

My file definately has 11 of these markers and I have 12 slides in my PowerPoint. Whilst importing the audio I am selecting the first slide and "Ignore Markers" is definately not checked.

Regards

Colin Davis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Flash Cue points is not same as the markers we are looking for . To add a marker , open the audio file in Audition and right click on the waveform where you want to add marker . There is an option there which says  Add to marker list and it will add a marker there . Now save this wav file and import it .It is working for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

Obviously Adobe Soundbooth is incapable of inserting the type of Marker required by Adobe Presenter.  For this to work you need to spend another $350 USD on Adobe Audition.

The Adobe eLearning Suite comes with Persenter and Soundbooth with are incompatible for this feature.  Well done Adobe.

Will I spend another $350 for this feature, no.

Regards

Colin Davis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with this file . Try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your file imports and splits over 7 slides perfectly.

What software did you use to create this file?

Adobe Soundbooth will not see the markers in your file.  I think it is a case of Adobe Soundbooth markers are not compatible with Adobe Presenter!

Regards

Colin Davis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I have attached this new file and it was created using Audition . It has one marker in it .

I don't have Soundbooth   . Try opening this file using Soundbooth and see if it displays the marker correctly

-Thanks

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that file is 0 bytes and gives an error when trying to download it from the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this  Use markers in Soundbooth

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Soundbooth/2.0/WS2BB6DAE9-AFC7-491d-83B3-AEADE704D260a.html

-Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had already seen that; that is what I have been doing that doesn't work.  It is how to insert a "Flash Cue Point".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources