Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reader Extensions

Level 2

I'm adding Reader Ext. to our existing Form ES and Output ES. the new feature willl be added if I choose to redeploy all ear. But when I chose only to deploy ReaderExt which should be the option just to add this feature, the module "adobe-reader-extensions-servlet.war" is not deployed.  is there a way to avoid redeployment of all existing components?

Also, the auto redeployment gives error ALC-030-300 at 85% when deploying "adobe-printPDFPackage.lca"; any insght?

5 Replies

Level 7

You will have to un-deploy the existing EARs, re-build them with LCM, and then re-deploy them.  Also, ensure that you re-deploy the DSC components, avoid re-deploying the Samples.

Level 2

Thanks for the answer. It's bad news because the re-deployment takes hours to accomplish.

Do you have a fix for the deployment error ALC-LCM-030-300 on adobe-printPDFPackage.lca?

Level 7

Deployment of EARs should not take hours.  Are you using LCM for the deployment of the EARs?  If yes, try manually deploying them using your appserver's management console which is usually faster.

I don't currently know of a fix for the deployment error ALC-LCM-030-300 on adobe-printPDFPackage.lca.

Level 2

What's the procedure to manually deploy Reader Ext. ears or wars? Any particular options such as EJB or Webservice need to be checked, and which ears or wars to be picked for Reader Ext.?

Level 7

LiveCycle usually comes packaged as EAR files (except LC Data Services which is a WAR file).  You can find them at $LC_INSTALL_ROOT/configurationManager/export/ after you have run LCM, not before.  There should be at least two EAR files, one with the word "websphere" in its name, and the other with the word "native" in its name.  During manual deployment using WebSphere Deployment Manager, choosing the defaults works most of the time except in the case of cluster/server names, virtual hosts etc.