• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 Red Script Icon Affects Table Format

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SInce recently upgrading from RoboHelp 5 to RoboHelp 7 HTML, some of the projects have red script icons on each of the pages.  Some of the pages include tables with the red icons incorporated within a cell and cannot be removed by doing a cut (delete is not an option).  I can cut some of the icons from the pages ok and they do not affect the output.  When the red script icon is within the table and a new row is inserted, it does not contain the formatting of the original table.  How can these scripts be removed?  The code within the script is as follows:

This is the first one at the top of the table

<!--

if ((navigator.appName == "Netscape") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) == 4)) document.write("</table><table x-use-null-cells cellspacing='0' width='100%' border='1' bordercolor='black' bordercolorlight='black' bordercolordark='black'>");

//-->

This is the one at the bottom of the table

<!--

if ((navigator.appName == "Netscape") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) == 4)) document.write("</table></table><table>");

//-->

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to the TrueCode (or HTML) view and removing the script reference in the table? What about the script code in the header? I would do this on a second copy of the topic or a backup copy of the project, then generate to see if it all got removed.

We have scripts in our template headers and the only way we can get to them is in the source topic's TrueCode/HTML view. The changes we make are carried over into the generated topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like code from an output file rather than a source file.

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#MonthlyScry/062004.htm

The link above might help if that is the case.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your answer in regards to the red script boxes.  I will go into the code on the projects and remove the scripting code on these projects and see if this fixes the formatting issue on the tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After removing the script code from several of the topics and from within the tables, I am still having issues when inserting a row.  The new row does not have the border formatting of the previous row and the margins are set to the far left.  Is there something else in the code that I am needing to change or delete?  I inserted a row and it appeared like the "class" tag was not added.

The previous row code is as follows:

<tr class=whs9 style="x-cell-content-align: top;" valign=top>

<td colspan=1 rowspan=1 class=whs12 style="width: 25%;" width=25%>

<p class=TableText>Delete</td>

<td colspan=1 rowspan=1 class=whs13 style="width: 74.125%;" width=74.125%>

<p class=TableText>To delete the T-Number, change to Y and press either

F15 or F16.</td></tr>

The inserted row code is as follows:

<td colspan=1 rowspan=1 style="width: 25%;" width=25%>

<p class=TableText> </td>

<td colspan=1 rowspan=1 style="width: 74.125%;" width=74.125%>

<p class=TableText> </td>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This looks a lot like the RoboHelp output, not like a source file. You're problem arises from the use of classes.

Although the class is (almost?) the best way to style a table, RoboHelp can't cope with them. Whenever you add an extra row in the table, RoboHelp doesn't know how to format it, because the styling is not inline, but maintained in a class.

If you want RoboHelp to automatically apply the correct styling, you will have to kill all table classes (NOT the paragraphs, just the TR and TD styles). As an example, change class=whs9 for style="whatever style you want to apply". You may however not be able to use a find and replace tool for this, for the whsx classes are automatically generated from inline styling when you create the (WebHelp) output.

To me, it looks like you didn't upgrade your project, but just started a new project and imported a WebHelp output. You may want to convert your project again, because correcting every topic by hand, even with a script, will be a lot of work.

Greets,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I did upgrade the projects from RoboHelp 5 using Visual Source Safe.  The RoboHelp we are using now is RoboHelp 7.03.001 with RoboSource 3.1.  Since I was not the original creator of this documentation, I will work with the user on eliminating the classes and using only the styles.  The user has a special css applied to this project that is not our company standard.

We are considering upgrading to RoboHelp 8 once we have some training on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The class="whsx" denotes code from an output file. No amount of training is going to help you cope with this issue, which will be the case no matter what RH version you're using. For every class="whsx" you'll find tr.whsx in a style section inside the head section of an output file.

You must open a project's source files. There is no alternative.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp