• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

vertical scrollbars missing in output

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project upgraded from 7 to 8. Using IE 7.

The initial conversion seemed to be fine.

Now when I create the output, my vertical scrollbars are missing on all the topics.

This is true only in the right pane (not on the TOC). This is true regardless of the skin.

The only clue that I have is that I was trying to add DHTML to a topic when I noticed that the scrollbars disappeared. The system seemed to lose the vertical scroll bars after that.

I am not using the DHTML anywhere in the system now, and the original did not use it, either.

Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are two things I can think of:

- Open your skin in Notepad and look for a code like this:

<frame name="Topic Pane" frameborder="1" borderspace="1" bordercolor="Gray" marginwidth="-1" marginheight="-1" id="4" />

If scrolling="no" is added, remove that. Note that this line has two occurences.

- Add to your stylesheet: html {overflow: auto;}

If this doesn't work, please create a new project and post it with your skin files, so we can have a look.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the indicated lines--no luck.

Imported all the html files to a brand new project (with the default skin) and still no luck.

Compared obvious default browser settings w/colleague, reset and restarted--no luck.

Is there some setting in RH that I need to look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No option I can think of...

Can you post an example project so we can see what's going on in your project?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to what Willam offered, I will also ask the following. I don't see it has been asked yet. If so, my apologies as I missed it.

Are the topics actually longer than the page? One might assume so, but you never know. Many of the newer computers operate at amazing screen resolutions that just weren't possible a few short years ago. So if all your content actually fits the screen, there would be no scroll bars to see.

What happens if you resize the browser window to something smaller? Does the fact you change that then make them appear?

I know you cite IE7, but does this also happen in FF or other browsers?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a fair amount of wrangling, I finally figured out that the HTML had somehow had the property scroll="no" added to the pages. No idea how this happened. At any rate, I've removed and it seems good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp