Expand my Community achievements bar.

Rendering a flex application in Workspace

Level 8
Level 8

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to develop my own Flex application and show it in Workspace instead of the normal PDF's?

If this is possible - I would like to hear from you where I can read more about it.

Also - I would like to know if there is any limitations regarding to the Flex application that can be run through Workspace?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

2 Replies

Level 10

I would like to know if it is possible to develop my own Flex application and show it in Workspace instead of the normal PDF's?

Yes. Just put your swf in the repository and use a Form variable (not xfaForm, not DocumentForm) to browse to it.

If this is possible - I would like to hear from you where I can read more about it.

You'll need to add a swc file to your project to enable the communication of your Flex app with Workspace (mainly the Complete button). See http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/createflexapps.pdf

Also - I would like to know if there is any limitations regarding to the Flex application that can be run through Workspace?

Not that I'm aware of.

Jasmin

Level 10

You will have to face some issues while accessing the container level components, say application and/or parentApplication.

This is because your flex application is going to run on another flex application (the workspace).

This is what i got from my experience.

Pros:

- Loads faster compared to PDF doc.

- Intuitive user interface is a plus

Good luck!

Nith