• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with tables -- need help!

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2006 Jun 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with table formatting, when using Preformatted text. The tables look fine in the WYSIWYG editor, but have lots of extra space above and below the text when looking at the output files.

I will attach the code from one of the HTML files from my project, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stealth94rt -

The space at the top can be removed by setting the top space from "top: 248px;" to "top: 0px;"

You can also remove the <h4> </h4> tags from beneath the table.

You also have a table cell set at an absolute - "height: 454px;" if you don't use all that space, it will create a large whitespace beneath the table, as well.

good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger:

Thanks for the quick reply. However, if you'll notice the first table, there are no margins, height, etc. on that one, yet it still displays extra space in the cell below the text (only when viewing the output - all looks fine within the WYSIWYG editor).

Any more ideas on this? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, if you're talking about the single-celled table with the line:

<p class=Preformatted>[assembly: Ace.AceAssembly]</p>
</pre>

... you can eliminate the <P> tags. that will give you one line less. Otherwise, your remaining space is the result of the <PRE> tag. It, like the <XMP> tag, gives it one line of space beneath as well.

Your alternative beyond that would be to, when needed, wrap up the script in Javascript. That line, for instance, wouldn't need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp