Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple conditional incorrect feedback for multiple choice questions

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a Multiple conditional incorrect feedback responses for the multiple choice template in Captivate? I would like to know if it is possible to assign an incorrect statement to a specific option. For example if the user selects A) they get one answer and if they select C) they receive a different response. I found away to have 2 incorrect statements but they are not specific to a response: (Example, If the user gets the question wrong the first time they get one answer and if they get the question wrong a second time they get another answer but the answers are not specific to the option chosen.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Captivate 4 you could use the Advanced Actions feature to see which answer the user selected and then provide custom feedback based on that.

You can find a tutorial on how to do something similar with a Quiz and Advanced Actions here: http://www.captivate4.com/2009/07/01/using-advanced-actions-to-store-and-show-a-users-answers-in-a-q...

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I hate to disagree with Michael here, but it should be possible to achieve without going anywhere near Advanced Actions as described.

Note that with a Multiple Choice question, each answer may have a different action. Basically all you have to do is select the answer, then click the Advanced button.

Click the image below to view at full size.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to add that I cracked open Captivate 2 just to illustrate this isn't a feature specific to version 4.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick, wanted to try your suggestion (was always trying with Advanced actions) but my version of CP4 did not show this button 'Advanced.'. Playing around, I found that it is only possible when the type is set to 'Single response', not with 'Multiple Responses'. Do you have a (as always) some wise explanation for this restriction?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for the help with the multiple conditional incorrect response for multiple choice questions.

Rick: I was able to create an action to show a caption for a specific response from the drop down menu it states TCaptionItem#. I was wondering if there is a place that lists the captions to identify which is which.

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources