Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"What's This Help" import problem

Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am updating my program to be compatible with Windows Vista. I had been using my old help file made in a prior version of Robohelp until now.

Now that my users are using vista, that help won't work. So I made a .chm file for the online help, and when the user selects File/Help, the help file shows. However, I haven't a second help file that is my context sensitive help. (What's This Help).  I tried to import it and received an error.  So I created a new What's this help file associated with my RoboHelp Html online help, made one test topic, and now I can access the online help and the ? help for that one test using .chm file.  However, I do not want to have to re-enter the thousands of context sensitive help topics!  I noticed that my old file saved the "What's This help" topics in an .rtf file and the new one saves the info in a context.txt.  Is there a way to convert the old .rtf to a context.txt or an easy way to get my data in?

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you sure you aren't confusing What's This help with regular Context Sensitive Help?

For What's This help, you typically have a Text file. What's This is presented as simple text when clicking the Question Mark, followed by the object in question. As shown below:

Click image for larger view:

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I am using the ? help, (What's this) not the context sensitive...So the file from the previous version (which was Robohelp for Word) was a .rtf.  And when I import that file into Robohelp HTML it still has the data in the .rtf.  The new What's This Help I made (associated with my project) stores the data in the context.txt.   I just wish there was a way to make them both the same so I could copy the files over?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

The .RTF should be able to be saved as .TXT, no?

As for What's This help, it's unfortunate but as I understand it, even Microsoft has sort of abandoned it. This could somewhat explain a bit of a lack of enthusiasm with HATs supporting it.

Food for thought... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp