• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not apply template to topics

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a template in a RoboHelp HTML help file. Later, I made some changes to the header (changed the header image) and when I tried to apply the modified template, it failed. i.e. it did not get applied to the already existing topics. On the other hand, if I try to create a new topic, the template gets applied. Also, I would like to know how to apply the template for multiple topics at one go.

I am using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank You.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prem1905 and welcome to the RH community.

When you amend a template that has previously been applied to a topic, you are asked whether the change is applied to all topics that has the association with the template, or to remove the association. The later means the changes are only made to the single topic. Could this be the cause? In any case, if you want to reapply a template to multiple topics you just need to use the topic list. In there, multi-select the topics, right click and select Topic Properties, in the General tab select the required template from the drop down list and click OK.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I'd like to amend Colum's response a bit.

You only see the advisory Colum mentioned if you choose to change a Template Element such as a Header or Footer from a topic the Template is associated with. Because a change was made at the topic level, the dialog is then triggered.

If you are making changes at the template level, RoboHelp assumes you know what you are doing and simply complies by updating all topics associated with it silently.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp