Expand my Community achievements bar.

Installing the HCA Solution Accelerator - issue with SNC Deploy

Level 2

Hello Everyone -

I am trying to install the HCA Solution Accelerator, and I am having an issue with the "ant deploy" of the Selection and Capture building block.

I have configured the ~snc_1_0\install\ant.properties file, but I think I may have missed a setting somewhere because I am getting this build error:

BUILD FAILED
C:\Adobe\SolutionAccelerators\human-capital-application.1.0\sa\building_blocks\snc_1_0\install\build.xml:113: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Adobe\SolutionAccelerators\human-capital-application.1.0\sa\building_blocks\snc_1_0\deployer\build.xml:107: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Adobe\SolutionAccelerators\human-capital-application.1.0\sa\building_blocks\snc_1_0\deployer\build.xml:91: Java returned: 1

Does anyone know off-hand what would cause this particular error?

I am relatively confident in the path information that I have set for the j2eejar, junit.jar, lcsdk, lc.install.dir as well as the database driver and connection settings.

I am using a simple turnkey LiveCycle install on a Windows XP OS.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Ben Lyons

*I have attached the entire Build output from the command line as a text attachment in case anyone is interested

2 Replies

Level 2

Well, I found a "fix" to this issue - I am just going to post it here in case anyone else encouters a similar issue.

Apparently, it relates to some sort of error in build.xml file in the ~\snc_1_0\deployer folder.

The particular line that was causing the build to fail was line 91 of this file, which looks like this:

<target name="data-purge">

Line 91 -->            <java classname="com.adobe.solutions.snc.utils.DatabaseExporter" failonerror="false" fork="true"

classpathref="hibernate.setup.path">

<jvmarg value="-Dhibernate.bytecode.provider=javassist"/>

<arg line="create-drop ${dist.dir}/hibernate-test.cfg.xml ${database.driver.class} ${database.connection.url} ${database.username} ${database.password}"/>

</java>

</target>

The "failonerror" attribute is by default set to "true", thus an error was occurring, so the build was set to fail.  I changed this to false so that I could build this building block, but doing so has filled me with trepidation that something isn't going to be writing to my database correctly.

Does anyone know what a failure in this segment of this build.xml file means as far as the built SNC building block?  (Remember this is the build.xml file in the deployer folder and not the install folder).

In other words - does this mean I should be expecting some kind of lingering error in this building block - and if so, what would that issue most likely be so that I can keep an eye out for it?

-Ben

Level 2

UPDATE – this issue has been resolved.  I should’ve guessed what it was based on the database-write errors.  The data was not writing to the database correctly because the ant.properties file in the `\building_blocks\snc_1_0\install folder had the default LC turnkey install mysql password information for the database.password value – but I had actually changed this password.  Putting in the correct password for my database worked wonders.  I reset the aforementioned failonerror attribute value back to “true” in the build.xml file in the deploy folder, and the building block built correctly; just a simple case of user error.

Thanks Anyway Everyone -

-Ben