• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do I need to save and How to back up a book?

Aug 22, 2009 Aug 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought a book yesterday that I want to be able to backup  for any eventual new computer/new OS installs that I may need to do in the future.

I have read through the Faq, put it is silent on this issue, only going over how to move to another computer.... I'll do that, and take away one of the installs I have when I want to restore from the backup should/when I reinstall the operating system, upgrade to a dif one, or change computers.  What file(s) do I need to store now, so that I can install the book onto a new computer setup later.

If I had known that this Digital Edition book was such a burden for the consumer, I would never have bought it.  It will be the last Digital Edition book I ever buy.  This copyright protection crap is only a pain in the ass for the honest consumer, hackers/pirates will go right around this with ease.  Locks only keep honest people out.

When I buy something, I expect to own it forever, not through six installs and then, have to buy it again.  Last Digital Edition for me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2009 Aug 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you already have the machine in question authorized to your AdodbeID, then at minimal level you just need to back up your books (the .pdf and .epub files).  However if you want to keep you book and any folders you have created, it would probably be best backup your entire "My Digital Editions" directory.

When moving to new machine (and doing a resintall/upgrade of the OS counts as a new machine), you will need to authorize, and then copy over your books (or your DE directory), and you'll be up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the kind response Jim.  I'll back up the hole directory as that will catch all the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Me too,

Right now since restoring my XP machine I can't get my purchased books and load it into my Palm Centro,also have been hard rest.  It's a horror if you need to restore your library.  I'm trying to use Adobe Reader for Palm OS to install my books back into my Centro.  Any Help?  Abobe Digital Edition books have or I can't find any help in resolving this issue.  I have the PDFs on my hard drive.

Any linds to the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is that you cant.  There is no supported software for reading encrypted eBooks (compatible with Adobe Digital Editions) on your Palm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines