Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound doubling

Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 3 to create videos.  When I preview the video (it's about 2:30 minutes long), everything sounds fine.  When I publish the video, starting from the 5th slide the sound doubles - meaning the audio plays and about a half-second later the same audio plays - so you get sound doubling.  This phenomena stops at the 15th slide and the sound returns to normal (one voice.)  I'm not sure what is causing this or how to stop it.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linda,

Delete unused items from the library, and try it again.  If that doesn't fix it, send me your file and I'll take a look.

Leslie Bivens

E-Learning Developer/Captivate Coach

leslie@lesliebivens.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already deleted the unused "stuff" (I'm a fiend for keeping the unneeded bits out of the final product!) What I finally did to fix it was re-record the slide where the first problem occurred (slide #5). Luckily I'm in the habit of entering the text onto the slide, so it was just a matter of re-reading it. Once I fixed the sound on slide #5, the rest of the slides seemed fine. It had affected the project from slide 5 to the end (slide #14.)

Thanks for the assistance. I really appreciate the offer.

Linda Boster | Software Administrator

Anti-Defamation League

605 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10158-3560

phone: 212-885-7932 | fax: 212-885-5807

lboster@adl.org

For software/hardware problems, use the IT Help Desk:

http://www.webhelpdesk.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/HostedHelpdesk.woa/wa?id=25

For Development/Enterprise issues, use the Development Help Desk:

http://www.webhelpdesk.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/HostedHelpdesk.woa/wa?id=49

This e-mail message may contain privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information intended only for the person(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message, and any attachments, and notify the sender by return e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact ADL immediately by telephone at 212-885-7700.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Linda B. wrote:

I had already deleted the unused "stuff" (I'm a fiend for keeping the unneeded bits out of the final product!)

While I'm sure it makes you feel better to do it, it's always been my understanding that only the bits that are actually used end up in the final product.

I've always viewed the Library as being similar to a pantry in my kitchen. Sure, I might have Green Beans, Rice and Tomato Sauce sitting on the pantry shelf, but if the recipe I used was for a cake, those elements aren't included in the cake.

Just to double-check myself to ensure I was understanding things correctly, I created a blank three slide project. I published it. The SWF was 355KB.

I then added about 5 megs of audio to the Library and published again using a variation on the name. The resulting SWF was 355KB.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Linda.  Ahhh.  The old gremlins-in -the-object problem.  Glad you were able to solve it. --Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources