3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 6:27 PM by djeter3 RSS

Can u submit a cfform NOT asynchronously in a cflayoutarea?

richardELeach Community Member

Hi Gang-

Because of a custom framework that I'm forced to use I have a UI that utilizes tabs using the cflayoutarea tags. A few of these cflayoutareas contain cfform calls and I'd like to get those forms to submit to an entirely different page, NOT inside of the tabbed area. I actually want the entire page to refresh and the new page to display just as if I was using a cfform call in a standard .cfm page; I do not want to use the asynchronous call that the cfajax widgets provide. I thought it was something along the lines of how frames behave, simply adding something like "target='new'" but I'm drawing a blank on the javscript equivalent (or a cfml code frag). Anyone have a quickie solution?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

• 1. Re: Can u submit a cfform NOT asynchronously in a cflayoutarea?
          ilssac Community Member

Well my first thought is that the quickest solution is to just not use the ajax at all.

I'm not clearly picturing your process here, but if a <cfform...> tag has a normal action that does not use any ajax calls, then it should behave as you desire.

• 2. Re: Can u submit a cfform NOT asynchronously in a cflayoutarea?
            richardELeach Community Member

Hi Ian-

Thanks for your reply. Actually, the AJAX controls are very helpful and we'd like to continue using them if possible, however, per the CF docs, when using a cfform inside of a cflayoutarea tag the expected behavior is the asynchronous form submission, which is ironically what I don't want. I was playing around with ColdFusion.Ajax.SubmitForm and ColdFusion.Navigate but never really got it correct, I was hoping that there was a simple tag attribute or something like that where I could avoid the javascript code.

I'll keep trying and report back if I find anything. Thanks again for your reply.

Rich

• 3. Re: Can u submit a cfform NOT asynchronously in a cflayoutarea?
              djeter3

This worked for me...

CFForm does something strange to the form code on submit.  Make the type of the submit to 'button' and add javascript to submit the form.  I have included the fix below.

<cflayout type="border">

<cflayoutarea position="top" size="80" align="right">

<p>

<cfform name="logMeout" action="#CGI.script_name#" method="post" target="_top"> 

<cfinput type="button" name="logout" value="Logout" onClick="javascript:document.logMeout.submit()"/>

</cfform>

</p>

</cflayoutarea>

Dennis