Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webservice on server startup

Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a webservice that works 100% once running.

The problem is that when the server has been restarted, you need to manually go and do a "Validate" action on the webservice before it will run. Any idea how to resolve this?

Thank you

Andre

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the web service uses application or session variables or, quite unlikely but possible, server variables. If so, then it would need a kick-start whenever the server restarts. It is in fact also what you would wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question that begs answering is:

How do I kick-start this when the server/after the server starts. I have to get this automated as the webservice is a gateway to a financial system causing havoc if somebody forgets to refresh the WS manually.

Tks

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To kick-start, use a simple Coldfusion test page to call the web service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the manifestation if one calls this web service before validating it?  Is there an error message?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two servers, a gateway server that is the "source/owner" of the web service. Ip 192.168.159.129.

Then a client that consumes the ws - ip 192.168.159.128.

The server show now entries in the error log.

The error on the client machine is :

08/28 06:14:15 Error [jrpp-2] - coldfusion.xml.rpc.XmlRpcServiceImpl$CantFindWSDLException: Unable to read WSDL from URL: http://192.168.159.129/ws/WPSVPWebService.cfc?wsdl

This is directly after both servers has started up. This will be the first ws call made.

I the refresh the ws on the server machine - still the same error.

08/28 06:19:06 Error [jrpp-0] - coldfusion.xml.rpc.XmlRpcServiceImpl$CantFindWSDLException: Unable to read WSDL from URL: http://192.168.159.129/ws/WPSVPWebService.cfc?wsdl.

I then refresh the ws definition on the client machine and VOILA - working.

The ws is defined as follows on the client cf server:

Name:WPSVPWebService

URL: http://192.168.159.129/ws/WPSVPWebService.cfc?wsdl

Username: xxxxxx

Password: xxxxxxx

The problem is that I'm now starting up a cluster of two CentOS servers running a minimum of two Coldfusion servers each which can increase as and when the load requires another instance. If you forget to fresh the ws, it will cause majjor problems in the application.

Any pointers will be greatly apreciated...

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - build a test.cfml module that I call with the following code:

<cfoutput>
Testing ws call

<cfset cardnumber="00000230i">
<cfinvoke webservice="http://192.168.159.129/ws/WPSVPWebService.cfc?wsdl"
        method="verifyPin"
        username="xxxx"
        password="xxxx"
        returnvariable="stResponse">

<cfinvokeargument name="cardnumber" value="#cardnumber#" />
        <cfinvokeargument name="pin" value="5353i" />

</cfinvoke>

<cfdump var="#stResponse#">

</cfoutput>

This fails after a time and fails to "refresh" the webservice.

Am I missing something?

Tks

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have two servers, a gateway server that is the "source/owner" of the web service. Ip 192.168.159.129.

Then a client that consumes the ws - ip 192.168.159.128.

The ws is defined as follows on the client cf server:

Name:WPSVPWebService

URL: http://192.168.159.129/ws/WPSVPWebService.cfc?wsdl

There seems to be some ambiguity in the IP addresses. The client 192.168.159.128 should play no role in the web service, except as consumer. It doesn't even need to have Coldfusion on it, and can in fact be any machine.

If, for whatever reason, you intend running an identical web service on the 128 machine -- thereby turning the client into a server, too -- then the IP for the URL should be 192.168.159.128.

The problems you face are apparently caused by the server,  192.168.159.129. The question is why Coldfusion is unable to find the WSDL when you request it from a browser on this (129) machine itself, but can find it when you request it from a browser on the 128 machine. Look into permissions, ports and webserver configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation