• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH X5.0.2 Crashing (memory error)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a recent upgrade from RH 9.1 to RH X5.0.2. I have installed all updates from the RH download area. When I'm using RH it randomly displays the following error message and then forces a shutdown of the application:

CiceroUIWndFrame:RoboHTML.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x73dd11c7" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program.

Can someone please advise on how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure because of the first string in what you report. However, did you install RH using your logon rather than an IT administrators? Also are you running the project from your hard disk rather than a network.

For the first, click here.

For the second, move it to your hard disk.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter:

Thanks for the quick reply. The first string in the error message is the window title (the title of the window that the actual error message appears in).

Yes, I am the admin of my PC and I was when I installed the application.

It is installed and running on the C: drive of my laptop PC. We do not use our applications over our company network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are working on the source files and not an output file. Any red squares appearing?

Create a new project or open one of the supplied projects. Any problems there?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am working with source files, not output.

No, there are no "red squares".

I am in the process of wiping RH X5 from my system and will do a fresh install. I'll let you know if that fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some further investigation, I have isolated the problem to projects that were previously started in Robohelp v9.1. They worked perfectly in v9.1, but after I bring them into X5.0.2, I get the "crash" and error described in my first post.

Projects that I started directly in X5.0.2 do not appear to exhibit this problem. Does this shed any light on a solution? Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The only issue I have seen re 9.1 to X5 upgrades was with RH for Word and creating winhelp or printed documentation. Click here to see that post.

Is it realistic to try importing some of the topics into a project created in X5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp