• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS4 Installation Failed - Again!

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

We are currently using an old version of Adobe Premiere which I would like to upgrade to the latest version.  I want to show everyone in the company how good the latest version is and get them to pay for an upgrade/full version.

I then noticed a free trial download for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and thought great idea. Well done Adobe I can now show everyone how good the latest CS4 version is.

5 days later I still can not get the damn thing to install and work!! 😞

In a desperate move I even tried it on a new Windows XP Pro SP3 - 3Gb RAM - Quad Core - 1Tb HD etc.. and when I try and install the Premiere windows 1.3Gb trial installation it eventually says at the end of the installation process (which takes for ever) "Installation Failed - One or more required components of Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 failed to install correctly." and it shows the following error log:

Adobe Dynamiclink Support
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Media Encoder CS4
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Additional Exporter
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Dolby
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (en_US)
Error:

Over the last 5 days I have looked through this forum site and tried every recommendation it suggests to fix the problem including:

1) Uninstalling / Re-installing serveral times the Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 which eventually comes up with the above error.

2) Turned off all Anti-Virus applications and disabled all running windows applications.

3) I have also tried the WinCS4Cleanupscript process

4) Manually deleted and removed the premiere folders

5) I even rang up adobes technical support line and they said use the forums to solve the problem. Cushy job they have...

None of the above fix the problem...

So here I am. Has anyone got any ideas how to make it run up in trial mode ?

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated as I suspect im not the only one having this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did Adobe say when you contacted TS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were not very helpful.

I tried to describe the problem to him but he said he can not help me on a trial, I have to look to the forums for help and here I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably way ahead of me on this, but I'll throw it out anyway. You downloaded the trial file, probably a ZIP. You Extracted that ZIP file to the HDD, including its full folder structure. For the Extracted files, you Dbl-clicked on the Setup.exe (or whatever it's called), after shutting down all AV, spyware and pop-up blockers. Is that correct?

If so, then here are a few ideas:

1.) you have a corrupt ZIP file. Download again.

2.) your Administrator rights are getting in the way of the installation. Make sure that you are set to Administrator.

3.) you need to upgrade your MicroSoft Installer (MSI) from the MS Web site, for your specific OS and SP version, if applicable

4.) you need to upgrade your Adobe Flash plug-in (Adobe Flash site)

5.) you need to upgrade your Apple QuickTime

6.) you need to update your audio and video drivers

7.) something on your system is killing the install and not giving you any error message

That's all that I can think of - sorry. With Photoshop, you can install in Safe Mode, but I think that Eddie Lotter pointed out that PrPro will not do this.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your suggestions.

I downloaded the Adobe Premiere CS4 trial files twice now just to make sure it was not corrupt downloads.

The 2 files I end up getting are:

1)  ADBEPPROCS4_LS7.7z   1,268,588 KB

2)  ADBEPPROCS4_LS7.exe  1,200 KB

I run the exe and it then goes through a very long installation process and eventually comes up with the error log above. Tried this on 2 machines now with the same result.

Will check out your other suggestions on Adobe Flash and Apple Quicktime and drivers etc

The only errors I see are at the very end of the installation process and are detailed in my original post.

Will get back to you shortly with how I get on with your suggestions above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, the .7z file is an archived file. It is "zipped" and needs to be Extracted first. Used to, one needed the 7Zip utility, but now with XP you should be able to use Windows Explorer to Extract it to the HDD. Did not know that the trial was now in two different files - the installer and the content file. Extract that 7z file, including all of the folder structure. I'd do this in the same folder as the .EXE file, so it should be able to find all that it needs. Be sure to turn off any AV, pop-up blockers, etc. first.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the above advice but no joy in fixing the installation problem.

I updated to the latest versions of Apple Quicktime, Adobe Flash-Plugin, Microsoft MSI installer, Video and Audio drivers and I double checked to make sure my user account has full Administrator rights but I still get the following error message after I uninstall and re-install Adobe Premiere Pro CS4.

Adobe Dynamiclink Support
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Media Encoder CS4
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Additional Exporter
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Dolby
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
Error:
Error 2.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (en_US)
Error:
Error 2.

I have attached a screen grab of the installation final screen message along with the error report.  At least it shows it got to the fnishing post but unfortunately it encountered several Error 2 messages which no one seems to know what they mean.

Anybody know what Error 2 means in the above list ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you jump through hoops trying to get the trial to work; lets ask what you are going to demo with it.

Because; The trial is crippled pretty badly ergo may not provide the demo you need.  No MPG2 including HDV, AVCHD will work; and most exporting will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the list of your operations, I did not see verification that you did a complete Extract of the 7z file, and that you have it, plus the full folder structure in the same folder as the .EXE file. Did I miss something? That is the most important thing that one must do to get an installation from an archived file.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid the ten bucks to have Adobe ship me the DVD.  I don't like having to use Adobe's download manager.

I did have one installation hiccup, but it sailed through on the second try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Day 6 - I have tried the unzipped method with the large .7z file into a temp installation folder and then run the "\Adobe CS4\Setup.exe" application from that folder but I still get the exact same error results (see sceen grab below). Takes about 50 mins to perform this uninstall and re-install task.  Hopefully its not affecting my other applications I have on the PC.

Just to let you know that I do have Dreamweaver CS4 working great on this PC which im trying to install the trial version of Premiere Pro CS4 on to.  I installed the trial version of Dreamweaver CS4 a few months ago and we liked this latest version so much that we paid and activated it.  So this whole trial thing does work,  just wish the Premiere Pro CS4 did so as well.

Im sure there are 1000s of users who have successfully installed the trial product but it makes you wonder how many users could not get it to work and what revenue Adobe has lost in all this.

I'm the sort of person who likes to get to the bottom of these sort of problems but I suspect there are a large number of users who don't like the hassle factor and just give up at the first hurdle.

Does anyone have a direct route to an Adobe Premiere Engineer who can then ask them what this Error 2 message is all about ?   You would of thought an Adobe Engineer reading all this would be kind enough to put me out of my misery by now

FailedMessage.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Day 8 - OK I have finally fixed the problem.  I got fed up and purchased the full Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 product and it installed and worked 1st time!!!

I must admit im very annoyed that the Trial version failed but the full product works.  The 2 x Premiere Pro CS4 installation CDs went through the installation process without a hitch and I did not get any installation error messages at all.

So my no 1 question is why does the online Adobe Premiere CS4 Trial version fail to install but the full product can ?

For what its worth, here are my final observations from this whole saga:

1) The first thing I noticed on the Full Product CD Installation is it defaulted to and installed the "en_International" version and not the "en_US" language version. For some reason the online trial version defaulted to "en_US" language and I used this option during the trial installations. Maybe this language option upsets the installation process on my UK PC.

Now I have it working im not going to risk re-installing it all again. But if your a UK user and you encounter problems during the trial installation process then try selecting the "en_International" language option. You never know.

2) Another obvious observation is the trial version has numerous features removed and hacked out of it  So did the Adobe engineer get carried away with the hacking process and also remove some important installation code and procedures.

After several days of trying to get the trial version to work there is obviously a problem with the trial installation process and it needs looking at.  I must of installed and reinstalled it 15+ times and during this time it upset my Dreamweaver CS4 app so forcing me to re-install this application as well.

Please Adobe just give the online users the option of 2 x CD ISO Images to download and burn onto a CD as this could save other users the same frustrating time I have had and maybe give you more revenue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over all the decades of owning and using Adobe products, I have to admit that I have never used any of the trial versions. I have also never bought a download version of anything either. Because of that, I have zero experience with any download from Adobe.

However, unless one's computer is deficient in some way (could be lots of things there), most users of the trial software, experience few problems, other than not doing an uninstall/cleanscript/reinstall. Still, this does not help you in any way.

Usually, there are two places to set the language - the installer portion, and then when the actual program is to be installed. You may have hit something with the initial language for the installer. I'll be monitoring this, and will link back to this thread, should I see others with similar issues of either the trial, or the download versions of Adobe software. Thanks for your observation.

As to "extra" things being removed, I'd kinda' dobut that Adobe went too far. They want the trial versions to install and function, up to the point of things like MPG licensing, and Functional Content (Adobe's term for "goodies" now). Still, there could be something broken in the trial, but I'd have expected to see hundreds of posts of failed trial install, rather than just the few that we do see.

Sorry about Dreamweaver. As stated, I've never done any trial, or installed from a download, and with one big exception, Adobe installs work well with other Adobe software. Premiere Elements did kill Bridge, Photoshop, Illustrator and Encore, but a Repair Install of each fixed that issue - and it was documented on the Adobe fora.

Thank you for reporting back. It might well help another user down the line,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem, but I fixed it. All I did to fix it was swith the language from English (US) to English (International) and it worked first try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2009 May 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error 2 at installation . To solve it, I re-downloaded the program from Adobe Site (my version on hard disk C was corrupted), then install it over without uninstalling, then got no error message after installation. Updated then finally got a message error only when updating which was Adobe Output Module 2.1:Failed to install. I did not solve that one yet. But now I am very happy , I have sound in Premiere Pro CS4 with mpg even after the update.

Because I had an error message "Adobe Output Module 2.1:Failed to install" I uninstalled every thing and I re-installed the Master Collection CS4 even serial number. To make sure I had the sound in premiere Pro CS4 this is the only module I didn't upgrade. I have no error and I have sound with mpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done it!

Simply delete the cache.db file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache

It should atleast be that in Vista.

So just delete the cache.db file and reinstall however you may have to re-enter serials of other adobe products.

This was so frustrating! I just had to come back and help someone that may have the same problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting. You are correct, in that it may help someone else in the future.

The biggest problem with diagnosing installation problems is that most users do not encounter them. All we have to go by is what worked, or did not, for others, who have posted - plus some guesswork.

Appteciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and solved by doing both solutions

1- Delete cache.db file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache

2- Use English (International) in installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines