• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error: Failed to register"

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When loading Flash Player I receive "Error:  Failed to register" message.  I checked the system requirements for Flash Player:  Pentium 4 2.33GHz, 128MB RAM, 64MB VRAM.

My computer has Pentim 4 1.6GHz, 512MB RAM, and no VRAM.  If I add VRAM will Flash Player load or will it continue to fail becasue of the1.6GHz Pentium 4?  PLEASE HELP - the MFG Help Desk Wants $75.00 for the answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a screen shot of the error and post it as an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message shows up in the Adobe Download Manager pop up window and I can't seem to manipulate the pop up window into a screen shot. Below is the information in the pop up from download manager

Adobe Flash Player LOGO[PARA]

Application Progress Status

Adobe Flash Player 10 Error: Failed to register Installation Complete !

Close Download Manager[PARA]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you run the downloadable EXE installer from this technote, what happens (it's in the middle of the page somewhere)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a Dell online tech to look at my configuration at no charge. End

result was that I reloaded XP die to a corrupt file and now flash player

runs fine. Thanks for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!  I'm sorry that you had that trouble, but happy to see that it wasn't FP's fault!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows XP and i have uninstalled Flash Player 9 so i can't view any videos and now like everybody else i can't install 10 without getting the Error: Failed to register. And i also can't reinstall Flash Player 9 because it is not the latest version so I am basically stuck without videos. Any Suggestions? I've tried most of the stuff in the other forums. Can't get anything to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do the SubInACL fix in this technote?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/163/fb1634cb.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered similar problems installing the Flash Player. The error message is noted as: "Error: Failed to register". I followed the instructions and installed subinacl.msi hoping that would help, however I'm having the same difficulties. Are there any other primary steps I'm missing out on? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

another note, i also tried install_flash_player_ax.exe but it also failed to install during half way. similar problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back up all your files and reload XP. I had a Dell Tech in my pc and

crashed it....too many corupt files, End of the day I reloaded XP from

scratch and all other programs. Works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to download it using safari and it worked fine. But for Internet Explorer 8 it still says Error: Failed to Register, and i prefer IE8. I have not tried the SubInACL fix. I saw there was a warning so I wasn't sure if it was dangerous. Why does it work for safari and not IE8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tennisplayer11 wrote:

Why does it work for safari and not IE8?

Because on Safari (Firefox, Opera, etc.) it's an plugin, on IE it's an ActiveX.

Try the offline installer http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe; save it to disk, close IE, then run it.  Not sure it will work better than the online install, but it's worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines