• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing/Crashing

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2009 Aug 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last couple of days later in the day when I have been working in the builder for more than 6 hours it starts to run really slow and then the current document will freeze.  I can still save it and move around within the document using my mouse, but I can't edit or move with the arrow keys.  The rest of the documents I have open I can still edit normally.  Today when I closed just that document and opened it, it allowed me to edit it.  Yesterday it wouldn't even allow me to do that.  I then tried to edit the document in another program and it allowed me.  After edititing it there and reloading it in the builder it allowed me to edit it.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2009 Aug 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It's impossible to work with in this state. I logged on hoping to find a newer build.

Tom Muck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tommuck1,

What have you been doing when it starts to act this way.  Is there a certain thing or has it been just random.  Can you provide more info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me it's just random, on XP. I haven't messed with default settings. Program starts running painfully slow to the point where I can't even enter keystrokes, then eventually locks up. I will try turning of the auto-quotes to see if that helps. It's annoying anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can count me in too

I just updated my Mac OS perhaps that is why we are having this issue?

it's pretty intolerable cannot work at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I do not use a mac.  Though after some tweaking some settings for the last week I was able to get mine so it performs a lot better.  All I did that improved the performance greatly was turn off the auto quotes for attributes and the pairing of characters.  Since I did this I haven't had a time where it has froze or crashed.  Give it a try and we can see if it helps much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation