• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do you think of Eclipse?

Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While looking at the source-code of the ColdExt extension library (discussed separately), I realized that it had hint-information designed for use by Eclipse (and the CFEclipse extension).  This is, believe it or not, an SDK that I have not used before.  (http://www.eclipse.org, http://www.cfeclipse.org)

I've got DreamWeaver here, but I'm really only using it as a code-completion editor.

What's your experiences with Eclipse and CFEclipse?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you think of [CF]Eclipse?

The best, at the moment at least. Just do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you could try CFBuilder.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both CFEclipse and ColdFusion Builder are excellent options for CF development.

I left Dreamweaver for CFEclipse in 2006 and have never looked back (that said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Dreamweaver and I don't mean the above as a slam or criticism on it or anyone still using it). It took a little while to get into the Eclipse mindset (it's different from DW), maybe a week or two of regular use, but once I got used to the way Eclipse works, it seems natural.

Between CFEclipse and CF Builder, which is only in public beta (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/coldfusionbuilder/), I prefer CF Builder. It's got excellent code-hintings/intellisense features and is quite robust, even for a beta application.

However, CF Builder (most likely) won't be free, while CFEclipse is an open-source project and is free. If you're willing to (possibly) pay for an IDE, then definitely try CF Builder. If you know for sure you don't want to buy another software application, try CFEclipse. Of course, there's no harm in trying both !

Cheers,

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation