• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing heading autonumbers when importing from word

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove the heading autonumbers (i.e. 1.0 My Info, 1.1 More Info, 3.2.1.1 Some Other Heading) when importing from word(RoboHelp8 I just bought), but I can't figure out how. I saw an old post "Remove autonumbering when Importing Word Documents" but I did not understand.

I would like to remove the autonumbering when importing from word, and possibly make books automatically out of the top level "Heading 1", but I am having a lot of trouble. I'm currently looking around in the "edit conversion settings for word documents." The "Other Settings" has a "topic pattern name" which I don't understand and a "convert word list to" which I don't understand either. I am playing around with these and setting the "Paragraph Settings" where I set the Heading 1 to Heading 1 with Pagination and setting all of the other Headings as appropriate also.

Any help is greatly appriciated,

Jay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not make a copy of the word document and remove the numbering first?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remove the numbering first, I'm not sure how to organize the sections into books for the first 3 headings automatically(Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3 - I would like to be books), without the tedious manual way. It's a large document (300+ pages), so it could take a while manually. Any tips?

Thanks,

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard that last post. I was having issues trying to get the table of contents correct. (I had to import the table of contents)

Looks like I have to remove the automatic numbering before I import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I am importing documents, I don't import to my live project. I create a new project and import into that. If anything goes wrong or the result is not what I want, I just trash the new project and start again after fixing whatever.

When the document is imported the way I want, I then I either import the topics from the new RH HTML project or import the document knowing it will be what I want.

Adds a step but can save a lot of work so worth it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp