Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In my project I have created the following multiple conditional tags:

• Application A
  • Application B
  • Application C

In one of the HTML at the content level have applied the following condition: Client Name – Conditional Tags Applied are Application A, Application B, Application C.

While generating the OLH using the conditional build expression Not Application A or Application B or Application C, Robohelp generates the topic with the following details Application B Application C.

Is there a possibility where in if the conditional build is Not Application A or Application B or Application C, the result generated displays Application B instead of Application B Application C as displayed currently.

or this can achieved only by customizing the HTML codes.

Thanks,

Maya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maya and welcome to the RH community.

I am a little confused as to what you are trying to achieve. Have you a variable (e.g. client name) that can have three values and you want to use a build tag to produce the required value? If so, you could use:

NOT APPLICATIONA AND NOT APPLICATION B to output the variable for applicationC

NOT APPLICATIONA AND NOT APPLICATION C to output the variable for applicationB

NOT APPLICATIONB AND NOT APPLICATION C to output the variable for applicationA

You could even set-up different single source layouts for each scenario to prevent you having to change it each time. You can read about this here.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Response.

I will try making the scenario little bit more explanative:-)

Based on the user requirement, the OLH must be generated for the following combinations:

• OLH for Application A standalone
  • OLH for Application B standalone
  • OLH for Application C standalone
  • OLH for Application A and Application C
  • OLH for Application B and Application C

In all the HTMLs, in the header I have 'Client Name - Application Name', where in Application Name is conditionally tagged as Application A, Application B, Application C.

Thus while generating OLH for Application B and Application C, I used NOT APPLICATION A or APPLICATION B OR APPLICATION C. As required, the OLH does retrieve all the files that have been conditionally tagged as

• only Application B
  • only Application C
  • Application B, Application C

But at the same time, in all the retrieved files, the Header states Client Name - Application B Application C (as expected from RoboHelp based on the condition defined). The customized requirement needed is to display only Client Name - Application B when we generate an OLH for Application B and Application C .

There is no issue in the way OLH is generated for standalone scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Isn't the real solution here to use variables rather than CBTs?

Am I understanding correctly that it is the application name that changes and not the client name?

Set the whichever it is as a variable and have a layout for each. When you generate the first one it will take the default of say Application A, the next layout you would set to generate Application B and so on.

Also, wouldn't merged help be a solution? You generate a project for each output and then mix and match.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm looking at this and wondering why a simple variable won't work. If you have Adobe RoboHelp 6 or newer, you have Variables at your disposal.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp