Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can i use Response method in livecycle designer to render or open pdf doc?

Level 2

Hello,

Can anybody please tell me is it possible to use response method available in the adobe livecycle designer which takes the input value to open the pdf doc.

Case 1: if we send adobe form throgh mail as pdf doc,then at the receiver side if the user open the pdf doc a popup should come asking for the input value.This popup will be from the response method.

Case 2:if we save the adobe form as pdf doc on to our desktop and then if we try to open the pdf doc a popup should come asking for input value.

Is it possible to do ?

If yes then in which event of livecycle designer we should write that response method and in what way?

If no,is there any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Menaka

5 Replies

Level 10

You'll have to do that within your form. You can use a input message box or a hidden subform and show it on the initialize event.

Jasmin

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i have used the response method in the designer's initialize event part only,but it is working only when i preview it in the designer itself.

If i save the pdf to my desktop and try to open it, its is not asking for input value which should come from the response method which is used in the

initialize event of the designer.

Could you please tell me the solution for this?

Regards,

Menaka.

Level 10

Have you tried other event like FormReady or LayoutReady?

I'm sure there's an event that fires when you open the pdf.

Jasmin

Level 2

Yes i have tried in other events of livecycle designer.

In Formready event -> if i do preview pdf,first it will display form and then it ll ask for password.But with this event only if i save the pdf to my local desktop and try to open it ll not ask for password anywhere.

In Layoutready event ->Pdf preview in designer is working fine,but when i save it my local desktop and try to open it ll not ask for passward.

Could anybody tell me how to do it.

Menaka.

Level 10

Something is weird. I just did a test with Initialize event and it works just fine.

I created a new form, added some script on the Initialize event of the form and saved is as a dynamic PDF.

This is the script I used:

form1::initialize - (JavaScript, client)
app.alert("Test");

Jasmin