• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp stripping out <form> action

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form in my documentation where users may fill out questions, click a "Submit" button, and it is emailed to me. I remember testing this a few years ago and it worked great. Recently, someone contacted us to say he never heard back from his form. I then tested it, and it never was emailed to me. When I checked the HTML code, it's being stripped for some reason. I'm on the HTML tab, I type in the <form action="mailto..." > data. Then I click to the designer tab. When I click back to the HTML tab, it's gone! No sign of what I JUST typed! Here's the "naked" code:

</head>
<body>
<robohelp><form>
</robohelp>
<robohelp><div align=left></robohelp>

Where you see the <form>, I had just typed in the actual action part. It just disappears though. Further, the bottom part of the code, where the closing </form> tag is, that </form> disappears as well. I type it in, click off the tab, and get this:

<p><input type=submit name=submit value="Send to Us"><input type=reset name=reset value="Start Over"></p>
</body>
</html>

No </form> tag. Gone. I haven't even clicked Save or ANYTHING at this point. Any ideas why Robohelp would be stripping code like this? Much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm peering intently into my crystal ball here but for some reason it just refuses to reveal whether you are using RoboHelp for Word, RoboHelp HTML, CoffeeCup HTML Editor, FrontPage or what? Silly thing also won't tell me what version you are using.

Personally, I think it's broken...

Silly, Stoopid pile 'o junk! Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's RoboHelp WebHelp (as the title says). Sorry if that was confusing. I don't think it can just be "broken" though, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

By broken, I meant my crystal ball is broken (and sadly still is )

When you visited the forums to post, I'm guessing you missed seeing this link? If so, please click it and give it a once over. See if that illuminates my reaction.

Click image below for possibly larger view

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp